Monday, February 9, 2009

Big Ears Festival 09




Big Ears 09. Top to bottom: Michael Gira, Matmos, Negativland.

I was asked by the fine folks at AC Entertainment to photo some shows at the Big Ears Festival this past weekend. Let me just say that the past three days have been jam-packed with some astonishingly amazing music. Some highlights for me were the Shaking Ray Levis from Chattanooga, Burning Star Core, Neil Hamburger, Ned Rothenberg, Antony and the Johnsons, Pauline Oliveros, Matmos, Michael Gira, and the Finnesz/Linkous/Minor Collaboration...oh, and Philip Glass and the Dan Deacon + Baltimore Round Robin...and the Ampient Café at Java...and...well, you get the idea. Kudos to AC for pulling this together. I wish I could have made it to the after-party, but my head was spinning and my legs were failing so I headed home. All that being said, I hope I got some good shots, as it was a bit of a trial-by-fire for me. Hopefully I can test these waters again sometime...it was indeed a blast.

No comments: