Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Perspective on Portugal


POP title slide - from the collection of Mr. Henry Mass.

I'm starting a new blog...to go along with this one. There is a short description up on the new space so far, with more posts coming soon (in photographic form). This new blog is meant as a forum to document the found photos of Mr. Henry Mass. These slides were found (purchased) in a "junk" shop in Knoxville, Tennessee in 2005. They were all taken in Portugal by Mr. Mass, and the new space will serve as an outlet for me to scan and organize these photos into groups/categories that make some sort of sense....also, I want to highlight the collection that Mr. Mass took obvious pains and hours to produce, curate, and preserve for future viewing. I have attempted to contact friends and relatives of Mr. Mass to no avail, and will continue to do so as I would like to get formal permission to share his work. As it is, I would like to say that all of the photos on the blog are being roughly scanned by myself (very roughly) only as placeholder for eventual professional scans, and that all of the work on this blog is the property of Mr. Henry Mass and his estate (I only own the physical slides...not the years of hard work). Thanks for looking. Link below.

PERSPECTIVE ON PORTUGAL - photos by Henry Mass

No comments: