Tuesday, February 16, 2010

glazier - new work on display soon.


MagPies | Small Hall Gallery | First Friday, March 5 | 5 - 7pm

New works are being printed (thanks to jwlawson fine art) and will be on display at the MagPies Small Hall Gallery next First Friday (March 5th), in conjunction with MagPies awesome Cupcake Tasting. Over the past year or more I have been taking shots of windows as I wander around the streets of Knoxville, and whenever traveling. For some reason I am attracted to what comes out of the windows, and also what's inside the windows. I like getting an impression of the people inside and the physical surroundings outside at the same time. I like the idea that you can tell a lot about a place by the windows and the reflections that they contain. The old saying goes, "the eyes are windows to the soul", but in this case it may be that "the windows are eyes into the soul".

Come out. It'll be fun.

No comments: