Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cloudy, Clear and the X-Ray Style ...


Looking through a Tomb in Paris | 2005


Zermatt at night | 2005


Sardegna Chimney | 2005


Paris-Woman | 2005

Back in 2005 I had the great fortune to go on a whirlwind 2 week vacation to Europe. We started in Paris (with lost luggage and a hot room), then a flight to Sardegna for 5 days (where we had an amazing house overlooking the Mediterranean), I think it was 5 days. After Sardegna, it was an all night ferry to Rome, then a train to Florence, up to Zermatt for a couple of days in the Swiss Alps. Back to London, and then home. It was an amazing trip ... one never to be duplicated. I think I took 35 rolls of film, and many of the shots got "clouded" pretty badly by the various x-ray machines as we passed through airports. But, in taking a new look at some of them, I really need to go through all of the old rolls again and see what they look like 5 years later. I might be surprised. That's how it works. Time away makes things look much different. Cloudiness can become an asset, or become hardly noticed at all. The character of the photo comes through regardless of the grain of the film. I love looking back for newness and freshness in shots long-since-looked-at.

No comments: