Monday, March 26, 2012

Goals.























Goal | Sharps Chapel, TN

I think I've mentioned it here before, but for some reason when I get thoughtful, sad, or need to vent, my first instinct (one of them) is to shoot basketball. I have a "go-to" spot that is usually quiet and free for a few hours of shooting. This weekend it was not, so I went on the hunt for something relatively close to my house. I found roughly 7 goals. Two of these were gated, and like 8 ft. tall instead of the regulation 10 ft. Three of them had no rims whatsoever, and one was in a busy parking lot with cars parked all around it. Oh, one spot had 3 goals with a no loitering sign, and another sign that informed me it was a "Police Observation Point". Sheesh.

I could go to the University and shoot, but then you have to deal with people. We wouldn't want that now would we? Plus, it's not dog friendly. My new mission for the coming weeks is to find a good, somewhat-private goal where I can spend a few hours with my dog ... shooting hoops and processing life. Maybe I should create a map of useable and non-useable goals. 

No comments: