Tuesday, December 18, 2007

FURBEARERS


Fox/Bobcat. The Swag, NC. 2007

I was struck by these two guys sitting on a mantle. More and more my Wildlife and Fisheries degree seems to be creeping in to my design career. It's odd how two seemingly unrelated fields start to inform each other more and more as time passes. I saw these two images paired together and like the way they interact. There are so many variables. Just the fact that a false sense of emotion is placed on these two animals by human interference is interesting, but add to that the fact that they are sitting next to each other in a way that makes them "react" to each other in a totally false environment. I want to explore some of these relationships more...the idea of nature versus environment...the way that environments shift depending on the state of the creature in that environment and the state of the viewer...also the circumstances in which things are viewed. Blah blah blah. It's two wild creatures in a comfortable sitting room. How odd. I guess I'd have the same expressions on my face.  

No comments: