Wednesday, June 18, 2008

EN ROUTE - #6/8


Charles Smith Gutter and Siding Truck (Sam) - Hwy. 70, near Lenoir City, TN

Well, this week's En Route shot was a gamble. I picked it on the fly, and really thought it would be an interesting shot to use. After seeing it printed and with the others in the series I am regretting my choice. It just doesn't fit very well, and it doesn't hold up against the others visually or thematically. But, you can't take it back once it's printed, heh? Oh well. C'est la vie. The reason I liked the shot is that the truck it came from was a "Charles Smith" gutter truck, but the man on the side holding the gutter section has a hat with the name "Sam" on it. Who is Sam? That's the intrigue to me. Is Sam someone who works for Charles Smith? Is he a brother, father, or just a mascot? I dunno. That's why I took the picture, but I suppose I should have kept that one away from the other En Route shots...I'm finding more and more how important the editing process is. Next week will be hard...maybe I can make a bridge between the others and "Sam"...some way to connect these random photos. Hmmm.

No comments: