Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bonnie Prince Billy


Photo by: charlie cravero (via Flickr).

I went to see Bonnie Prince Billy in Knoxville last night at the Bijou Theatre...the best venue in town (IMO). Opening the night was a transfixing performance by Lichens (link below). I've seen Bonnie Prince Billy with several different bands over the years, and this time around was no disappointment. The band had a grow and swell feel to them...quiet mixed with loud, humor mixed with sadness...and new arrangements of album songs mixed with beautiful vocals. Will Oldham's voice seems to get better with every incarnation, and his choice of vocalists is always a great fit. Anyway, if you get the chance to see Bonnie Prince Billy on this tour I would highly recommend it. If you haven't heard his music, why, look him up. I'll provide a general link below.

BPB / Will Oldham Wikipedia page
Lichens bio

1 comment:

Wright said...

I hate that I missed this show. I was really looking forward to it but had to go out of town for work. Grrr.