Monday, September 20, 2010

Ford. Goat. Coal. Creek.


Sharps Chapel, TN | Spring 2009

This is not a new shot. I have been slacking in the new scans, but have a few rolls to look forward to in the next week or two. I got to thinking about this one for some reason. I mean, what else can you ask for to tell you a little something about this farm? The front end of an old Ford, the rear end of an old goat, some chunks of coal, a creek, and one of the typical steep hillsides that borders so many southern Appalachian farms. It's all there, and is all pretty common around here. I'm glad.

I went for a drive up through Sharps Chapel again a few weeks ago on a day off. I drove up to New Tazewell and across Powell Valley to La Follette (I think they separate the La from the Follette). Anyway, it's a nice drive, especially when you need to clear your head. I think I brought home some nice shots, but there is one I know I missed, at a small graveyard on Maynardville Highway, and I want to go back for it. So, that's it, just doing some thinking on a good, long drive. I'll post more random driving shots soon.

No comments: