Thursday, February 23, 2012

the best medicine ...



















Steve Davis | As American Falls (found via Flakphoto)
(click for larger view)

The first thing I do after I grab a cup of coffee in the morning is go through my internet-addicted bookmarks and have a look at what's new. One of those sites is flakphoto. This morning I came across the work of Steve Davis, and this image just jumped out and made me laugh. That's all. I needed the laugh. The series is obviously more serious to Mr. Davis, and I'm glad I laughed at this image because it made me look closer at the work as a whole and realize that it's more personal in nature, and made me wonder who it was sitting at the picnic table flippin' the bird. And why?

Anyhow, it just goes to show that one person's quick glance and laugh can be another's hometown and past. I like that part of looking at work first thing in the morning.

No comments: