Tuesday, January 15, 2008

EARLY VOTING


VOTING. Taken in Knoxville as part of the "Polling Place Project" - 2006. (the guy in the background didn't like me taking a photo for some reason)

So, I have always liked voting on actual election day...mostly for the experience of it, and to make myself feel like I was part of the political process. Waiting in lines can be fun. Well, this year will be my first experience in early-voting. If I can vote with a smaller crowd and let my voice influence some momentum for the candidates I support, then why not? I never thought about it like that before, but tonight I attended a canvassing-meeting for the candidate I'm backing in the presidential primaries (more on that later), and the question was raised as to why early voting was important. Well, if early voting results impact voting momentum then my early vote can make a difference in ways that my election day vote can't, so I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and get out there. I may even get out on the street this year in support of a candidate.
  • Knox County Early Voting Info

  • Polling Place Project
  • No comments: