Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SHED


Backyard Shed (almost complete). 01.22.08

So, we are having a shed built..it's almost finished. I just wanted to take the opportunity to talk about local business. We looked at pre-fab buildings at all of the home improvement places, and decided they were too bland for our tastes, and really expensive for what you get. We drew out what we wanted, and talked to a contractor about it. He worked up a materials list, and the goods were on our lawn the next day (84 lumber). They showed up that afternoon and the shed was almost complete in 2 days. I must say that the contractor approach was well worth the looking around and planning. It saved LOTS of money...wound up costing less than half what the Orange and Blue stores wanted, and gave work to a local business. Amazing. Plus, I think it looks much nicer, and it matches our garage and uses salvage windows and our original backdoor. Thanks to Tim Cupp and his crew here in Knoxville. I highly recommend them. I'll post after pics when it is painted.

2 comments:

Catherine K. said...

Can you send me some more details about your shed? I need one built and was looking to do a tuff shed (from Lowes or HD) but would rather keep my $$$ here and support local if I can. (Plus, if it's cheaper, well, then we all win...

cmp said...

Sure...let me find Tim's phone # at home, and I'll get back to you. He was fast and cheaper than the Lowe's sheds...for the size, anyway. Maybe I should post a pic of the finished thing...I never did that. It looks nice and painted-up now.